Monday, December 5, 2016

SuperStay 24 Hour Lipcolor

Maybelline started my love of long-wearing lip color (and spoiled me). I have even purchased old deprecated colors because I loved them so much and refuse to live without them. Imagine my pleasure at having to try out and review a new product by a favored company. Now, there's no doubt that this product stays in place once you have applied it. And I cannot emphasize enough the importance of making sure the lip color sets for a FULL TWO MINUTES before you do anything else. If you follow that simple rule, you will have success with the product. This is, quite simply, a lip stain that is designed to sit on your lips, make them look awesome, and stay in place no matter what. In that respect, Revlon always delivers. But that permanence comes with a price. That price is your lips will feel like there's a layer of something on them. All. Day. Long. The balm will help make this a lot less uncomfortable. It is not going to make the feeling go away, but you won't necessarily feel like clawing the color off your lips. Don't forget the point here: your lips will look fantastic. The color, once applied, looks fantastic and stays put. The only (and I do mean the only) thing that will disrupt your color is oil, be it coconut oil removing your lip stain, greasy pizza, or hot wings (or bacon). Oil is the bane of this kind of lip color/stain. Everything will slide right off when exposed to oil. This is good because no one really wants to wake up with last night's lip color, unless it was a really awesome night. But only when you intend to let it slide off.

Please be aware, I tested the Maybelline SuperStay 24 Longwear Lip color for free as part of an #Influenster campaign, but all opinions are my own. Seriously, my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment